H.A. Titus is a buddy of mine from Realm Makers! I grabbed a copy of her first novel, Forged Steel, at the Realm Makers 2017 bookstore. And I loved it!
Jamie’s rating: 4.5 stars!
Josh stumbled into the Underworld–rife with backstabbing fae and ancient powers–and he can’t get out.
I really enjoyed this Celtic-inspired tale of the fae and their shenanigans. The story is enchantingly unique, from the way the fae interact with technology to the Underworld they scrape for a living in.
- Great characters–they’re very realistic. Girls, I saw Eliaster first, mkay?
- Juicy plot line with ancient cyphers, legends, and betrayal. Who can you trust?
- Fun dialogue that had me laughing out loud more than once. These people just can’t get along! (Everyone always gets along in my books… *cough* Ahem.)
- Exciting fight scenes and an awesome slew of baddies to cut through with epic magic swords. Need I say more?
- A couple sections dragged for me a little bit, but I’m an adrenaline junkie, so take that with a grain of salt.
- I think it could use a tad more editing, but I personally know the author is working on it, so by the time you read this, this note will probably be moot. 🙂
If you love Celtic folklore and Indiana Jones, you’ll love this book. Grab it!
- Offensive language: Extremely mild – nothing worse than ‘crap’ or ‘dang.’
- Sexual content: No explicit content. Brief mentions of a female character who uses her good looks to her advantage, but the storyline does not feature a primary romance at all.
- Violence: Mild. There are plenty of intense fight scenes, but no unnecessary gore.
Recommended for all audiences 12+ due to the fight scenes and scary situations. Like, don’t get your soul sucked away by the void-eyed demon. O.O’